Monday, August 18, 2008

Counting Down

Counting down now.....Can't believe that I'm really going to Melbourne....

After all the planning, researching, comparing and argueing, my family has finally decided to go ahead to Melbourne while my bro and my parents will fly to Hokkaido. Though very disappointed with the final outcome (my first attempt of going overseas with everyone failed) but probably that's the best arrangement. We had different agenda in our mind.

It's also a good thing that I had waited to book my holidays during the NATAS fair as I really got myself a good deal: flying SQ (though nite flight), staying 6N in a 2-bedroom deluxe apartment right in the middle of Melbourne City, taxes, insurance and airport transfer, all under $7.5k for my family. Wow....that's a lot of saving as compared to $13k if I were to go Hokkaido with my bro....

The devil side of me kept telling my parents and bro how much I had saved if I am to go to Hokkaido. Think I just wanted to prove my brother wrong about his theory and calculation which says that both trip cost about the same. But the angel side of me felt very happy for my mom as she has always wanted to go on a trip with her son but never has the chance. My bro, so far, has not ask them along for any overseas trip he is going. So this would definitely be a very happy memory for my mom.

I'll make sure that I will pay my parents a visit the week they come back from the trip, so as to listen to all the wonderful times she had in Hokkaido :)

Anyway, it's probably really a good "ending" to this whole series of holidaying together thing. Though I still feel it's a little pity....almost able to fly together....

Well, maybe next time, when 我的皮又痒了, I'll plan another trip with my bro. Hahaha....

2 comments:

Blogger said...

Haha...so funny...no wonder I was wondering how come his Hokkaido photos only included your parents...and thot it was a pity that you were not there. It would be great to be a complete family trip but then again, you had your own fun too! I can't wait to travel leh. Still have to wait very long. :(

Meng Yuen said...

Can fly liao lah.....My girl's first trip is when she's 14 mths old. Good time to travel when they are still drinking milk and wearing diapers!