Monday, December 1, 2008

Achievement

Clarence finally took a "major" step and went into the Tsunami Pool in Wild Wild Wet today!!! After strolling round WWW 4 times with Clarence on the stroller, I managed to get him to put his little feet in the pool. The process of coaxing him to go into the pool was very comical. Too bad I couldn't film it.

This is the 2nd time we went to WWW with him. I can still remember, previously, that he did not stop crying until I brought him to the eating area where he can no longer see the pool or hear the splashing sounds of water. So for today, I've already planned to have a stroll with him round WWW since I'm also forbidden to go into the pool for a week after my lasik.

Clarence cried the moment we stepped into WWW. He can recognise the place even though his last visit was in Oct 2007!!! I guess it must have been a really terrifying experience for him....

Anyway, after much hoaxing and coaxing, he finally took that "bold step" into the tsunami pool. It was an area where I had wanted him to start off because the water is "calmer" and there's no waterfall or splashing/dripping of water. He needed quite a fair bit of assurance from me that the pool is safe while he stands in the pool. This reminds me of what my friend told me - boys generally needs more attention and care and are more dependent in nature too. Girls, in contrast, are more independent and daring. This is really the case for my kids.

Chanel, though behaves like a princess, dares to try anything when she's at a young age. While my boyish Clarence, does not like the idea of trying. He needs lots of assurance and coaxing before he attempts something new. He is the type who prefers to monitor and assess first before he jumps in :)

I'm really glad that he finally enjoyed himself today....hope today's experience would "erase" whatever fear he has previously.....but come to think of it, seems more like my achievement than his...hahaha... ;P

No comments: