Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Lasik

The word "lasik" sounds scary to me. I have been toying with the idea of going for lasik for years but it's always my fear who won the battle.

Last Sunday, when I went to stock up my softlens dailies, the optician checked my eyes and commented that my eyes are very stressed due to my long-wearing of soft lens. I wore them between 12 - 16 hrs everyday, 7 days a week. So not so healthy for my eyes.

I remembered that I got the same comment last year when I went to make a new pair of spectacles at another optical shop.

The word "lasik" popped up in my mind again. I finally decided to go for an eye evaluation...

The results showed that my cornea thickness is normal (>500 microns), degree is considered relatively high (625 & 725) and a slightly bigger pupil (7.0 mm). The doctor explained that though my degree is considered relatively high (very high ones are those more than 1000) but I have good cornea thickness. The only thing is that I may experience halo after lasik when looking at lights because of my pupil diameter and high degree but that effect is only temporary. He says after removing a thin layer of my cornea to correct my vision, i still have "enough thickness" for a normal cornea. He also assured that I have 98% chance of having a perfect eyesight. He emphasized that after care is very important and I must follow very strictly. He hopes I won't be the one to break his clean record :D

No comments: